Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What I did with the moolah.

Well after I got the money a few weeks ago I stuck it in the bank to mull over my options. My husband being the gem he is told me I won it, so I could do with it what I wanted. Well I decided one thing that was imporant to me was going on a great family vacation that normally we wouldn't be able to afford to take. Well we could afford it if I saved money instead of blowing it all on renovations. So some choices were named. Disneyland, The Dominican, Cuba, Mexico and a few other choices were listed. I vetoed Disneyland, I have no desire to spend the money on a vacation only Steve and Allie will enjoy. For some reason since having Allie, I can't make myself go on any rides. I'm good with ground level ones like the tilt-a-whirl and the river rapids and I can even venture to the log ride, but that's my limit. In a panic two years ago I made the Ferris Wheel operator stop and let me off after only 1 rotation. I almost had me a heart attack over that sucker. So nothing amusement parkish is on my list. What I am giving serious consideration to is one of the Beaches resorts in Jamaica. It's family friendly and they have a water park at one of the resorts, something we all like. PLus what I really liked (besides the free booze) was they have kids clubs that are age appropriate. I like that they have a preteen club and a teen club. It will give Allie something to enjoy too. PLus who doesn't love the beach!

Anyways I digress. So basically I put half the money in a Tax free savings account and with some of the rest of the money I bought us a hot tub! I found one on kijiji and everything all checked out and I sent Steve and his band of miscreants out to get it. Ok so they aren't miscreants, just a buddy and a picker truck. LOL The boys pried the hot tub out of the ice and had it blocked and ready for the picker truck. A feller named Rusty came out to get it, then brought it to our house. Steve and Jerome(heh heh Inside joke) took the fence apart and had the blocks ready to set the tub on. I must say Rusty had some mad skillz with that picker truck. We have overhead wires and he came awful close to them but never hit them. He got the hot tub through a slit in the fence with 1/2 an inch clearance on both sides. Not a lot of room for error. In the end he got it down and now we are just waiting for Irwin the electrician to come install it for us. Hopefully he'll be here tomorrow. I like Irwin. For an electrician he get's the job done. The best part is he likes to deal on a cash basis. Myself, I love the cash basis system. LOL So there it is. How I spent part of the money. I'll let you know what I do with the rest.

The pictures from the hot tub arrival.
The yard is ready.


Jonesey supervising


The mad skillz at work.


Cutting it pretty close.


It just clears the fence.


Touchdown!

2 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Y'all are going to get a lot of enjoyment from that. :yes

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chemicals in hot tubs drive me nuckin' futs....

    When do you think you'll go on your vacation? I AM JEALOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers