Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2010 books I have read updated!

Well I have started off the year on the right foot by finishing one of the new books on my E-reader. Every year I vow to keep track of what I've read and naturally I never do. So this year I aim to change it up a bit. I'm going to keep a running list of books I've read on this here blog. I may or may not add a review or two as well. I'd love to hear what you are reading and I'm always open to suggestions. Happy Reading!
For full Reviews Go back to January posts.





1. The Nanny Returns by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus -


A light entertaining read. Nothing that is going to take the literary world by storm, but good escapist reading.



2 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larrson.


I liked this book. A little boring at times, but I'm still gonna buy the next book when it's available as an epub document.




3. The lost Symbol- Dan Brown



Not as good as I expected. Not much else to say about it.




4. Not my Daughter- Barbara Delinsky


Another Ho hum read. This reads like the umpteenth book by this author who has written several books over the years and is stuck in the safety of humdrum. This story could have had some real teeth to it but it was lacking in substance. The main character Susan is so wishy washy I wanted to punch her and smack her idiot daughter too.



5. Still Alice- Lisa Genova


An amazing read! A little boring when it get's too techy, but the heartbreak in this book is so real. I see this at work all the time and Lisa captures the sorrow of Alzheimers very well. I cried buckets! I would recommend this book if you are interested in dementia at all.



6. The Help-Kathryn Stockett


I loved these three women and didn't want the story to end. Fabulous read!









7. Left to Tell- Imaculee Ilibagiza




Wow. What an amazing story. This girl has amazing faith.











8. I am Hutterite-Mary-Ann Kirkby





A good book that let's us learn more about out Hutterite Bretheran. I enjoyed this.







Witch and Wizard by James Patterson-


I'm not even gonna bother with a review of this. It was a read. The ending sucked and it leads me to believe this is going to be a series. Don't waste your money buying this one. Borrow it from a fool who did. LOL

1 comment:

  1. I've only read Still Alice of all of these.... I really liked how it was written from her perspective even near the end....

    I've been reading some gooders lately.... I'll have to do my own reading post!

    ReplyDelete

Followers