Monday, March 15, 2010

Shopping!

So my friend Melissa and I went shoping the other day. We thought it would be neat to head to a little town called Stettler about an hour north of here. The bonus of going to Stettler being a Tim Horton's coffee above all. It'a also roll up the rim to win time. I won a donut for what that's worth. So we were checking out their little junk stores and I came across some treasures. If there one thing I am a sucker for it's glass. But it has to be certain glass. I first found a little orange bowl. I absolutely love these kind of dishes. Growing up some friends of the family had a collection of the stuff and I've loved it since. I love the color and how it's incandescent, it just makes me happy. I eventally found the matching plate to my bowl. I was happy with that.



Then I came across these little beauties.





They have no practical implications for my life, but I had to have them. I'm thinking they would be lovely dessert cups. Now I'm going to be forced to make a dessert to go in them. Aww darn! LOL

My piece de resistance though was found in the kitchen wares store. If I had unlimited dollars to spend...oh boy... I could have done it in there. I did buy a new paring knife and some pop can lid saver thing, cause Steve is always leaving 1/2 full cans of pop in the fridge. The thing I love, love , love though is nothing other than a soup Tureen. For those going "what and the hell is a soup Tureen?" It's just a serving dish for soup so you don't have to have a big ungodly pot of soup sitting on the table. You can have a lovely Tureen instead.


One of the things I particularily love about this set is the color. The tureen itself is a chili red, the bowls are all differnt colors, blue, yello, green and orange, with matching spoons to boot!


So as one would expect we had to make soup for lunch yesterday. Cauliflower cheddar was on the menu and one day I'll post the recipe. Just not today. I never took pics. *gasp*



This was when it was nearly full. By the end of the day Allie and Rebecca had almost cleaned the whole pot out. But it's nice to know one's cooking is appreciated.




Finally, because I love that kid of mine so darn much I was nice and bought her some funky new makeup today.



Anyways I the whole point of the trip was to get away and experience something new. So that we managed to accomplish. Next time I'll bring the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers