
Well if that don't beat all. I just got a call this morning from the Hospital Foundation telling me I won the payday lottery! Woo Hoo. I thought it was a joke at first. What?? ME?? Actually won??? $10755.00?? Me?? I won??? Woo Hoo! Well I thought...well ok I won. I guess it never really sunk in. Then my boss phoned me to tell me I won, that he had just got an email saing I won. Then the staffing clerk Who is also my friend called and asked if she could post it. Well, then I guess I had to believe it! So I did what any excited female would do, I squealed a little, I jumped up and down a little, then I phoned Steve at work. He didn't belive me.
Then he put me on speaker phone so I could tello his buddies I won. I had to let him go after that as he was in a meeting. So then he phones me few hours hours later and asks if I was joking. I tell him agian.."no i'm not joking, I really won ten thousand seven hundred and fifty five dollars!" So now comes the big question...What to spend it on?? What to spend it on??
We wanted a few big ticket items and we can go one of several ways. We can be smart and save the money. We can install central air, which would be lovely in the summer or we can buy a hot tub. We all really want a hot tub! We went so far as to even price them out...or we could go on a decent family vacation. Some where warm and tropical, make some great memories to last for years. I can picture us all walking hand in hand down a lush beach with the sun setting beside us. I can see us sitting in a wade up bar with drinks with bamboo umbrellas in them. I can also see paying off debt or just banking the money. I can also see a bathroom renovation...oh the things one could do... I think I best just bank the money for a while and mull over our options.
That's awesome! I would recommend you put it in a CD for 12 months so you can't touch it, and take that year to decide what to do with it. You'll make about $100 in interest (at today's rates) and you'll be confident in your decision once you get the money back out.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
That is so neat! Congrats on your win!!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteOMG Melissa!!!!! Good for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteHoly Moly, Cam... I can finally comment again...
ReplyDeleteAND, congrats!!! You deserve a special treat. Like, maybe a hot tube.
LOL!!!!