I had told Steve he was going to be in charge of the turkey this year, never giving the poor man a choice in the matter. I had planned to do a bunch of prep work Christmas eve so he'd have a relatively easy day. So imagine my sheer fucking horror when I walked in from work on Christmas eve to see my kitchen in total shambles! Dishes everywhere, food everywhere, tools scattered hither and yon and the cupboards off the walls! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Now I ask ya....Who and the fuck rips off the cupboard on Christmas eve???? The panic that ensued nearly choked me! The chaos was complete. We had to be in Church for 6:30 that night, had to have supper and I had dishes to prepare and it was already 4:30pm. Well to make a long story shorter I helped Steve put up the new cupboards and my kitchen looks fabulous in the end. I know he wanted to surprise me and have it done, but Christmas eve???? Really??? LOL
Well we made it to church on time, the service was beautiful, the music was beautiful and Allie did a good job reading her verse. Our pastor and the kids of the confirmation class all did a great job.

So Christmas day rolls around and I go to work, Steve and Allie cleaned the house and got the turkey in the oven and Steve even hung one of the old cupboards at the back door so I don't have to look at toques and gloves laying all over the place. He was a busy guy! Well my shift finally ends and I get to come home to my loving family. I have waited all day for this moment. I picked up my grama on the way home so she could be here for the gift opening too.
We had a good afternoon of opening presents and just enjoying each others company. We only had to hear grama tell us about 7 times the "turkey wasn't cooked and turn the heat up on it." Anyone who knows my grama knows what she's like. LOL My uncle and my other grama showed up for supper and we ended up having a lovely evening. Ahhh this is this type of stuff families are made of. It makes me grateful and so appreciative of them to have great days like Christmas was.
I know the true spirit of the season is giving, peace on earth and all of that but I have to be materialistic for two seconds here. Steve and Allie bought me the best Christmas gift ever! I am an avid reader as anyone who knows me knows and they gave me a hundred dollar gift card to Chapters/Indigo and a Sony e-reader.

I've bought 4 books already and I just love this thing to pieces! So if my newly started blog gets neglected just know I'm busy reading. Any suggestions as to great reads are welcome too. Merry Christmas to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment