Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... heh heh heh...we decided the walls were needing some much deserved TLC of their own. One wild weekend back in Octoberish of 2007 I took a notion to paint Allie's bedroom. Well she wanted a blue bedroom back then so I picked out a lovely shade of blue paint and had grand plans of painting her room. Then I learned I really don't like painting, I just really like picking out the colors and there the paint sat.
So as luck would have it, my buddy Melissa's boyfriend is a painter and he was needing some work. Steve was skeptical. Read he didn't want to pay someone for doing something I could have done. So after much convincing we had the painter over. All I can say is I will never again paint another wall in my life. The man was veritable genius with his paintbrush. His drywalling was out of this world considering he claims not to be a drywaller. I beg to differ with the man! The only downfall as with any interior work was the drywall dust. There is no eviler substance known to man! That crap get's every where! You wipe a picture, you turn around and it's back. Dry dusting, wet dusting, vacuuming, swiffering, nothing works but time itself. I think the secret is to just leave it be. Make sure your furnace filter is an old and full one before y our renos begin so the drywall dust has something to catch it. Well that's my new theory anyways. It seems to work. That and using my filter queen to vacuum the dust. It has a lifetime warranty on the motor so why not use it instead of the loud Dirt Hound.
So to make a long story short we had the house painted and we love it! We changed up the colors a bit. My kitchen is the lovliest shade of orange. I am quite loving just being at home now. Things looks so clean and cozy to me. I just ignore the pile of Ikea boxes that contain some of my lower cabinets sitting in the corner of the living room. They'll be gone soon enough. I thought I'd take the opportunity to post some before and afters. So here you go!
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
OK so just ignore the boxes in the corner of the living room and ignore the new dishwasher that is sitting beside the tv.
Love it! Everything looks great, I especially like the green feature wall!
ReplyDeleteWow, that looks so good! Makes me want to get some stuff done around here. Great color choices!
ReplyDeleteThanks Gals. As for me, I am hooked on that orange in my kitchen. Words can't describe how much I love it.
ReplyDeleteWow, it looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the colours. I'm in the "gee, this place needs a paint job" zone right now, but I fear it will be a while until I actually slap colours on the walls. Lack of motivation paired with lack of funding...
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the makeover!