Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Soup, soup, soup

Today I'm making soup. It's the Lenten season again and every Wednesday our church does a Lenten Soup supper. I sign up every year. I like to make soup, I like to feed people. It all works out good for everybody. So today I'm going to share my recipe with you. Actually truth be told I have no real recipe for this soup. I just throw things together and it tastes good. I needed to food blog the recipe so I could remember how to make it in the future.

So we begin by doing the prep work, Chop up some celery, some carrots and an onion.




Set them aside, in a large pot melt some butter, add in the onions, celery and carrots and saute them.



While that is happily cooking away chop up some potatoes. I use the little bagged one simply because I'm too lazy to peel big potatoes and chop them up. Add the potatoes to the pot.


Again cause I'm lazy I buy a grocery store pre-cooked chicken. I take all the meat off of it and shred it. I like it shredded but you can chop it if that makes your day. Add it to the big pot.



Then I add 4 cartons of Chicken stock. Yes I know this one only shows three, but this is where I decided 3 wasn't enough and had to run back to the co-op for another chicken stock and the right cream.


Add in a bag of frozen corn.



Bring it all to a boil. Then turn it down to a simmer. When the potatoes are soft add in two packages of instant mashed potatoes. You'll just have to imagine what they look cause I forgot I was food blogging today and forgot to take the picture. I use the Betty Crocker Homestyle. Sprinkle them over the soup while stirring, then add half a carton of a big coffee cream. You'll end up with yummy goodness.



Serve with some homemade buns or some good old store bought fresh French Bread. Your taste buds will thank you, and I'll have some form of remembering how to make this soup in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers